Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Babbling...coz I do

  1. #21
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need that today, thank you.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (((RAE))))
    Yep I needed it too!!!
    Damn girl you are amazing!!!!
    Love YOU!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Noclouds
    Guest Noclouds's Avatar

    Post

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you too [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It seemed like I had just got to sleep real good, when julie started shaking me "Sweetie, Get up, you have about an hour before we gotta leave for Church".

    Like any good husband I instantly jumped up and threw back the covers and greeted her with a chipper "Good Morning Baby, I Love You"...Ok so what really happened was I kinda moaned/groaned, pulled the covers up over my head and buried my head into my pillow.

    As the grey fog of sleep almost overcame me I heard a voice again, and I knew It was time to get up, as I struggled to roll over to the edge of the bed the cover was pulled off of me and I was warned "I'm not playing, get up NOW!"

    So I decided to get up, as I swung my legs over the bed and stood up, I stepped on that water bottle cap that I told you about, last week. I hobbled down the Hallway, where I was officially greeted and received my morning kiss. I shuffled to the kitchen for a glass of juice to wash down my morning meds. As I passed by the sink, my nose started twitching...I smell bacon.
    As I grab my medicine and swallow them with a drink of cold orange juice. I pop a slice of bread into the toaster and make a quick bacon sammy.

    I notice that there is a big bowl of strawberries out on the counter. I love strawberries. Julie saw my glance and told me she had plans on making a batch of freezer jam after Church, & that there would be a few left over for me, as I headed toward the shower, I thought I heard something about a big baby, but she denied saying anything.

    We had to leave a few minutes early for Church, due to the car windows being covered in a layer of frost.
    Our new Church has a great Praise band, and I found comfort in a couple of this mornings Hymns.
    Our minister is a young gentleman who kind of reminds me of the country comedian, Jeff Foxworthy. He has a slight drawl and very laid back.
    My wife & I have had a very stressful couple of weeks and His lessons really hit home to both of us.

    We got back home and Julie wanted to do a couple loads of laundry, but it turned into a major ordeal as her daughter brought out her basket. While she was sorting out the clothes, I opened a can of beef stew, and put it on the stove to heat as I pulled down the package of instant potatoes, I served the beef stew over toast.

    Julie just left to go to the launder matt so I'm gonna wrap this up and try to have the dishes done by the time Julie comes back.

    I hope you have a great day.

    rogER

  5. #25
    Noclouds
    Guest Noclouds's Avatar

    Post

    I love strawberries, too, and blueberries and OH do I ever love raspberries!!! *yummy*

  6. #26
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And Blackberries too...YUM!
    Okay Rog what exactly is freezer jam???
    I am having Deja vue did I already ask this??? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You blend two cups of strawberries, 4 cups of sugar, a package of sure-jell (pectin), put it into jars & freeze it until you are ready to use it. The complete recipe is included in the sure-jell package.

    It has a real strawberry taste & is great on morning toast or as a Peanut butter & jelly sammy.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I'm gonna give that a try...sure beats the hell outta cooking the jelly/jam on the stove!!!

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That does indeed sound good. Maybe it'll be yummy on pancakes. A few months of maple syrup (however good it is) doesn't seem that appealing.

    Freezer Jam. Hmm. Has that ice-creamy sound to it...

  10. #30
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello my friends, I thought I would post this notice now so it won't come as a shock when I quit posting.

    In about a week, our cable & internet will be shut off, because we can no longer afford to pay it. I may be able to post once in a while from the library, but not very often because we are going to have to ration what little bit of money we have left to keep a roof over our heads.

    I'm not writing this looking for pity or sympathy, but to explain to people, That I care about, why I will probably dissappear in a couple of months.

    The paths that we take in our individual lives, are as varied as our personalities. My path started out good, I had the sense to finish High school, but soon after, I got involved with drugs and lost focus. I wandered from one dead end job to the next. I never looked forward, Like a blind mule I just kept plodding on, one step in front of the other.

    Six years ago, I discovered my first love, we were soon married and I tried to buckle down, I worked two jobs for a while, Until I found a good job, that payed more money than I had ever made. We made big plans for our future, we bought a house, Then, I got hurt at work, I tore a ligament, and got a Buldging disc in my spine. I took months of physical therapy, endured an epidural shot into the spine. Adter a few months the Doctor said I was well, But I'm in constant pain, I can't sit for long & i can't stand for long. Workmans Comp offered me a pitance, I got an attourney & sued. I won a small settlement. They said I was 12% permantly, partialaly disabled. I contacted the Social Security and applied for disability. It has been about a year & a half ago.

    WE ended up losing our house, My wife had to give up her yorkie, We sold most of our belongings and moved to a goverment apartment. I invested my settlement money and that helped streach it by a little bit. My Investor told me we have enough money left for 4 months.

    My wife is a depressive, prone to have major panic attacks, She was a house wife for 23 years raising 3 girls, Her work history is terrible. She cannot find work, I'm not able to work.
    Unless a miricle happens we will be homeless in about 4 months.

    I am not writing this so people will feel sorry for us. We are the ones who took this path and woke up and found ourselves stuck. We don't blame anyone, We don't blame God, This is our fault. I'm writting this because, I have come to have a great love for the faceless people, that are on the other side of this computer monitor.

    I just want you to understand why I will probably dissappear in the near future.

    I love you all, and I will always keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Take care and try to make someone smile.

    roger

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •